Monday - Friday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm CLOSED Saturday and Sunday
SACRAMENTAL EMERGENCIES ONLY:
Call the office at 503-393-5323 for sacramental emergencies during business hours. For after hour sacramental emergencies, call 503-714-6140. Because a priest cannot always be available, you are urged to notify the parish whenever anyone is seriously ill. Every effort will be made to assure that the sacraments are available before the situation becomes critical.
- Vigil Mass Saturdays - 5:30 pm English
- 8:15 am English Mass
- 10:30 am English Mass
- 12:30 pm Spanish Mass
- Weekday Masses
- Mondays (Prayer Service), 12:05 pm
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, 12:05 pm
- Wednesdays - 6 pm
- Wednesdays 6:30pm - 7:00pm
- Saturdays 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Forgiveness is Not a Feeling
24th Sunday Ordinary Time
September 15, 2019
It is amazing how often Jesus insists that we forgive our neighbor for what he or she has done to us. We all get offended by others at times, sometimes very deeply. We want to fulfill the gospel. How do we do this? Here are a few simple rules of forgiveness:
- Forgiveness is not a feeling. Jesus isn’t commanding us to “like” our enemy, or to “feel good” about the person who hurt us. After forgiving, I may still have terrible feelings about the offender, but that does not mean I haven’t forgiven!
- Forgiveness means not talking badly about the offender to everyone who will listen!
- Forgiveness means being cordial toward the offender when we meet them, even doing a kindness to them if required. It does not mean we have to go out of our way to speak to them on a regular basis.
- Forgiveness is an act of the will. When I pray or am reminded of my hurt, I will tell Jesus that I forgive this person because Christ forgives me. I choose to forgive because I am looking, not at the offender, but at Christ.
- Jesus is not requiring you to forget, excuse, feel good about someone or associate with them if avoidable. To remember is not the same as harboring unforgiveness.
Parish Auction - May 11th
09/19/19 4:30 am
Reading 1 1 Tm 4:12-16
09/18/19 4:30 am
Reading 1 1 Tm 3:14-16
09/17/19 4:30 am
Reading 1 1 Tm 3:1-13
Beloved, this saying is trustworthy:Read More